Ready to get your Friday on?
I'm bringing Fridays back!
Our Friday night cocktail hour has gone astray with the holidays turning every day into an occasion for a cocktail, or three, as it were. But tonight we're back!
MMA's been working late all week because business is good and we can't complain about business being good in this economy. So I made a special trip to the store to pick up appetizers for our first real happy hour of 2009.
So for those of you in need of a happy hour at home, but not knowing where to get started, I thought I'd share our menu for tonight and I'm technically talking about food, and its Friday, so I'm back on track. Friday, food.
1. Turkey meatballs from the deli, which I'm going to throw in the crock pot with some beer, picante sauce, bbq sauce and whatever else sounds good.
2. Boiled shrimp, they were big and on sale and I love boiled shrimp; don't you? I make my own cocktail sauce with ketchup, horse radish, garlic, worcestershire and fresh ground pepper. Oh, and a splash of lemon juice.
3. Chips and salsa. I have a new brand to try called "Wholly Salsa." Which has no preservatives and claims to be like home made. I'll be the judge of that.
4. Guacamole, made from scratch. (All though, dang it! I'm out of cilantro.)
5. Grape tomatoes, cheese, olives, wasabi nuts, hummus and crackers (fillers.)
6. Shiner for the man of the house, cranberry & vodkas for me. Wine if needed. Capri Sun for Only Child.
Hope this gives you inspiration for a Friday night happy hour of your own.
Go ahead be gone with it!
How to Paint Furniture in One Afternoon
5 days ago