Friday, May 1, 2009

Prom Queen

Peep Toe Pumps and Pearls is my cute blogger friend (Jill) who is everything girly, pink and uptown. She invited me to participate in a little self-hazing ritual, she calls the Prom Queen Post. (You post your prom picture and everyone gets to laugh at your big hair.)

I laughed out loud when I saw Peep Toe's pictures because no one was immune to the Glenn Close hair that took over! She and I are close in age and we're both from Houston...let me just say that
prom in Texas, in the 9o's, was all about big permed hair and sequins. Think: beauty pageant gone terribly wrong.

And just for fun here's a link to the pop music charts from the year I went to prom...Yes, I do remember dancing to MC Hammer in that dress. I probably left a trail of red sequins everywhere I went. Do you remember being eighteen and dancing to Baby Got Back (and feeling it?) Maybe that was just me. I can only laugh about it because, to the best of my knowledge, no video evidence of this mayhem exists.

OK, laugh away, and then post your pictures!



6 comments:

Jill said...

Oh, I'm so glad you decided to play along. I LOVE your prom picture. It's so funny how much the styles have changed. It's also nice to not have to use half a bottle of hairspray anymore. LOL.

Girly Stuff said...

Why don't you just stab us all in the eyes instead!

You looked great in that dress!

And you must explain that your hair did not need a half a bottle of hairspray to get up that high! I actually remember my mom paying good money for me to have hair like yours!

jmt said...

Oh oh! I was tagged! I will have to dig out my picture and go get it put on a disc. Our scanner is broken here at home. I will totally participate in this....how fun. LOL I am fairly certain I danced to Baby Got Back all through high school and college...and then AFTER college. I might have *ahem* danced to it in my car just the other day.

chiara said...

You're going to make me pull out prom pictures? Dear Lord! I have those pics... somewhere... I was lucky enough to be a few years younger than youguys and have prom after the perming fiascos (I did have one... Just thankfully, when I was 14 and never again.)

American Homemaker said...

I saw the play Turn of the Screw last October. It was performed at my work. It was fantastic although I didn't really understand the ending. But there was a professor from BYU who specializes in that author and he said you aren't supposed to really know what happened... LOL

American Homemaker said...

Oh and awesome pic :)